DD Definition [WAS: RE: Meeting Summary - 26 March 2007]

It might not be the form of language used by bloggers, which is not
surprising as this is a formal definition. The definition was reached
after much debate by the active members of the DD group, and while it
may not be perfect, we felt it was sufficient to capture our best
understanding.

This led to the text being published on the public mailing list,
following one of our regular weekly meetings (in which the active
participants spend an hour discussing the week's issues). We are
certainly interested in public comment and contributions, and the
observation by Christian is most welcome. We will add notes and examples
in the wiki in due course.

The use of "some context" does give flexibility to the user of the
definition. We anticipate (hope) that it will be adopted beyond the
DDWG, though it's likely we'll have to negotiate a few adjustments to
the wording.

It was certainly not the intention, as indicated by Luca in his public
comment on this W3C list, to create something that would cause people to
laugh at the DD's work. We take our work seriously, and the production
of a formal definition reflects this. If those who have understood the
formal English description would like to propose some less-formal
interpretations, these would be useful (especially as they would tell us
what other people think we have said, rather than just what we ourselves
think we have said).

Thank you for your support.

---Rotan.