From: public-ddr-vocab-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ddr-vocab-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Jo Rabin
Sent: 22 June 2007 11:05
To: public-ddr-vocab@w3.org
Subject: RE: Height vs Width when a screen can rotate

direction of a rectangular display when held in its default orientation.
The property does not apply to screen shapes that are not rectangular or
square. This property is in the class of display properties."

At risk of leading down the route of wondering how many angels can dance
on the head of a pin, when we say "addressable pixels", do we man the
number of pixels that are available within a defined browser context, or
do we mean the number of pixels exposed by the operating system to the
browser ... the point being that the browser may have chrome, of course.

Also to note that the Vodafone gateway in the UK reduces the pixels
exposed by the browser by inserting a heading all of its own.

So the question is, does this property refer to the number of pixels
available in this delivery context when all the components that go to
make up the delivery context have done their bit, or does it mean
something else?

If only life were simple.

Jo