Re: WG meeting 2017-04-05

Hi Sandro,

I have now integrated the TTL into a new Appendix C, using the paragraph
you suggest below as a placeholder. Let's discuss what to do next in the
upcoming meeting. I am unsure what to do specifically about the Errata
page, i.e. where to put it, and also where the future TTL file should
evolve. I believe that it is quite possible that the TTL file has flaws
because it is very hard to get this 100% tested in such a short time
frame (assuming Tim didn't expect us to delay the release for a month
just for this TTL). So it would probably be best to be promise a bit
less along the lines of "the textual definitions are normative; if the
TTL file diverges then it's a bug in the TTL file and you should look at
XY for an update.".

BTW I didn't even try to formalize the syntax rules for SHACL-SPARQL.
There would be some easy ones, but many of these rules are just
impossible to express because they need to analyze the structure of the
SPARQL queries. This is another reason why I believe that in addition to
the given SHACL-SHACL file, 3rd parties will produce additional
checkers. These could also check for best-practices, specific
sub-dialects of SHACL etc. There won't ever be a single-size-fits-all
TTL file.

Holger