Re: Transitive?

SHACL is defining "SHACL subClassOf" to be equivalent to SPARQL's
rdfs:subClassOf*. This is more than saying it is "transitive" -- it is
saying "the operation here is to 'transit' this path." The
rdfs:subClassOf allows one to follow the path but does not dictate that
the path be followed, as rdfs:subClassOf* does.

1) I'm not convinced that "All resources and all their inferred types"
[1] is the appropriate "default" for SHACL
2) I don't think that the meaning of subClassOf should be overloaded
with the property path.
3) is there a reason not to use rdfs:subClassOf* ? If so, could a
similar notation be developed?

kc
[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/