Re: type and instance and subclass in SHACL documents

But SHACL does do RDFS inferencing in the data graph.  In particular, the
sh:class depends in RDFS inferencing, namely inference rule rdfs11 from
https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-mt/#rdfs-entailment.  At one time sh:class also
depended on inference rules rdfs4a and rdfs4b as well as the RDFS axiom
rdf:first rdfs:domain rdf:List .

So saying that SHACL doesn't do RDFS inferencing in the data graph is incorrect.

Simmilarly SHACL does RDFS inferencing in the shapes graph when it accepts
ex:s1 as a shape in

ex:Shape rdfs:subClassOf sh:Shape .
ex:s1 rdf:type ex:Shape ;
 sh:scopeClass ex:Person ;
 sh:constraint [ rdf:type sh:NodeConstraint ;
                 sh:nodeKind sh:IRI ] .

(This appears to be an acceptable SHACL shape, based on the SHACL specification.)

Of course, SHACL does not do *complete* RDFS inferencing.  In particular,
there is no SHACL shape in

ex:subClassOf rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:subClassOf .
ex:Shape ex:subClassOf sh:Shape .
ex:s1 rdf:type ex:Shape ;
 sh:scopeClass ex:Person ;
 sh:constraint [ rdf:type sh:NodeConstraint ;
                 sh:nodeKind sh:IRI ] .

peter