Re: comments on SHACL 3 March editors draft

Peter, can you check if this commit overcomes the ordering issue?
https://github.com/w3c/data-shapes/commit/9edef4c82a7f6480d0c45e3e34656c7f93f1dfa5

Would you prefer to delete the figure completely? It that case I would
delete that last two lines of the commit too

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 6:32 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider <
pfpschneider@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/06/2016 08:46 PM, Holger Knublauch wrote:
> [...]
>
> > On 7/03/2016 6:59, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> .2 Filters
>
> >> A SHACL processor might not begin by validating filters.  It might
> instead
> >> look at all in-scope nodes and only later remove those that don't pass
> the
> >> filters.  The document makes this illegal but it might be useful if the
> >> filter shape is expensive to compute and few violations are expected.
> >
> > I believe this is already covered by stating that SHACL engines can
> produce
> > additional validation results, see discussion above.
>
> This is not about validation results.  It is about order of execution.  The
> document states:
>
> When a SHACL processor validates a focus node against a shape, it begins by
> validating any filters associated with the shape via sh:filterShape.
>
> This is too procedural.

Dimitris Kontokostas
Department of Computer Science, University of Leipzig & DBpedia Association
Projects: http://dbpedia.org, http://rdfunit.aksw.org, http://
http://aligned-project.eu
Homepage:http://aksw.org/DimitrisKontokostas
Research Group: AKSW/KILT http://aksw.org/Groups/KILT