Re: DCMI decision on Data Shapes

We plan to withdraw from the SHACL working group and will participate in the ShEx Community Group.

From: <jelabra@gmail.com<mailto:jelabra@gmail.com>> on behalf of Jose Emilio Labra Gayo <labra@uniovi.es<mailto:labra@uniovi.es>>
Date: Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 4:16 PM
To: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net<mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net>>
Cc: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com<mailto:lehors@us.ibm.com>>, Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org<mailto:eric@w3.org>>, "public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org>" <public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org>>, Thomas Baker <tom@tombaker.org<mailto:tom@tombaker.org>>, Stuart Sutton <sasutton@dublincore.net<mailto:sasutton@dublincore.net>>
Subject: Re: DCMI decision on Data Shapes

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 5:28 PM, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net<mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net>> wrote:
The Dublin Core Metadata Initiative has decided to leave the RDF Data Shapes Working Group immediately after the January 4 meeting. After two and half years of concerted effort the resulting SHACL specification does not meet our needs. It is clear to us that it is following an approach that will not be the best for our community, and we have been unable to effect the changes that we need.

Agreed. The current direction of the WG gives me no confidence that it can reach its goal.

I will also stop participating in the WG but will continue my work in the ShEx Community Group.

Best regards, Jose Labra

We look forward to continued participation in the W3C, its standards and community groups.
kcoyle@kcoyle.net<mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net> http://kcoyle.net
m: 1-510-435-8234<tel:1-510-435-8234>
skype: kcoylenet/+1-510-984-3600<tel:%2B1-510-984-3600>

--
Saludos, Labra