Re: Please review the SHACL draft (was Re: Editing progress)

Hi Karen,

in terms of a data model, targets, shapes and constraints are classes.
They actually have corresponding rdfs:Classes in the Turtle file. So one
way of explaining them, in addition to an abstract syntax, is to
introduce the data model. I had a UML-like diagram in earlier versions,
a variant of which I believe would still be a good thing to have. It
would show how the concepts are connected and possibly appeal to a
certain technical audience.

Having gone through the spec recently I also cannot help but think that
most people will understand SHACL simply by following and copying the
design patterns from the examples. So I believe it's good to have as
many examples as possible.

Other than that I am left wondering what conclusions I should draw from
your observations. For example, I don't see why targets or constraints
would need to be defined as shapes, because Filters are. Do you have
suggestions on how to improve the flow?

Thanks,
Holger