Re: UI/UX snippets

Hi Karen,

My current problem with the work of this working group and the issues
raised on the deliverables is the volume of emails.
If you do not come from a computer science / information science
background like me, I'm just a mechanical engineer and firefighter, it
ends up as TL;DR;

That being said, as a member of the working group I did not actively
engage with the group either to make it a lot more digestible.

My current view on where a 'Data Shapes' vocabulary would fit in is to
annotate a UI building block with this vocabulary so that it becomes a
shape by itself.
that means if the application receives data it needs to go through its
various UI building blocks to see which of them validates against the
data.
The one(s) that validates can be used to display the data send to the
application. This is essentially how my current implementation works.

The firebrary, a SKOS based terminology list for fire departments, has
roughly 2 types of resources, 1) concept schemes and 2) skos concepts.
I use 2 'shapes' with which I validate the date from the graph store. If
it validates with the Concept shape that will be used to display the
properties of the concept and vice versa.

attached you'll find a very minimal 'shape' as I use it right now to
display skos:concepts on firebrary.

>From my last reading of SHACL spec I think all that I need to have is
available, but all the side notes with issues references makes me
reluctant to implement a first incarnation.

So now that I did raise my voice on this subject I face a new problem, I'm
very time constrained so actively contributing to the group is going to be
a challenge.

Met Vriendelijke Groet / With Kind Regards
Bart van Leeuwen

# twitter: @semanticfire
# netage.nl
# http://netage.nl
# M.A. Reinaldaweg 79
# 3461AJ Linschoten
# tel. +31(0)6-53182997

From:   Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
To:     public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org
Date:   13-11-2015 02:02
Subject:        Re: UI/UX snippets

Hi Bart. Thanks for the link to EnyoJS, and for the reminder of how
complex a language for UX design can be.

Thinking of SHACL as primarily a validation language, but one that could
have a useful interaction with something like Enyo or other UX design
packages, what do you see as the key properties that SHACL must have to
make that connection?

kc

http://blog.resc.info/using-interface-encapsulation-to-listen-to-linked-data-predicates/