Re: example of recursive shapes

ex:Polentoni
     a rdfs:Class ; # or ldom:Shape, or nothing
     ldom:constraint [
         ldom:sparql """
             ASK {
                 FILTER NOT EXISTS {
                     ?this ex:livesIn ex:NorthernItaly
                 }
             }"""
         ldom:predicate ex:
     ] ;
     ldom:constraint [
         a ldom:ShapeConstraint ;
         ldom:predicate ex:knows ;
         ldom:all ex:Polentoni ;
     ] .

The evaluation is started using the built-in function

     ldom:violatesConstraints(ex:Enrico, ex:Polontoni)

The function checks if the given instance fulfills all constraints for
the given class. The implementation of ldom:all recursively calls
ldom:violatesConstraints. (The engine needs to make sure it doesn't run
into infinite loops, so this requires work).

(This example also indicates that we should have a template for the
owl:hasValue equivalent, so that people don't need to write the ugly
SPARQL. I will add such a thing).

Does this address your use case?

Holger