Re: User Stories wiki editing conflicts

* Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com> [2015-01-09 16:46+1000]
> On 1/9/2015 16:22, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> >

> >On Jan 9, 2015 6:41 AM, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider"
> ><pfpschneider@gmail.com <mailto:pfpschneider@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >>
> >> It seems to me that overwriting two hours-apart edits could
> >only have been done by having the entire document out for editing
> >for (those) hours.
> >
> >So it would seem, yet I made several edits 20 mins before and
> >during the WG call so a two-hour window is hard to reconcile.
> >Perhaps a cache problem on the first edit (though even that seems
> >unlikely)?
> >

> A caching problem sounds plausible, because some of my own edits
> that got lost were many days old, I believe even from before x-mas.
>
> Please let us know if you see a simple way to revert this (I am not
> an expert in the wiki system) or whether you want us to manually
> revert the lost content (would require everyone to review the diff
> below).
>
> https://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/wiki/index.php?title=User_Stories&curid=14&diff=707&oldid=706

I reverted 707 and re-added the edits I'd made. Because I'm
superstitious, I made a copy of the diffs:

http://www.w3.org/2015/01/User%20Stories-diff-2015-01-08T19:112015-01-08T19:32

Mediawiki appears to have done the right thing and applied the diffs
back onto the HEAD, but I'd like others to look to be sure.

> If this turns out to be a caching problem, maybe a bug report to the
> wiki maintainers would be in order.

-ericP

office: +1.617.599.3509
mobile: +33.6.80.80.35.59