Re: "shape" as a relationship, not a class

Arthur,

The 'cool URIs' note describes a viewpoint that is, let's say, controversial. And one that has not had much adoption.

Over the years, there have been many discussions on this topic. You will see some of these if you read through the thread responses in the post Richard sent a link to.

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2011Jun/0186.html

Some people are ardent believers in the separation while others see no value in it - just unnecessary complexity. And many in the industry (including Google, Facebook, etc.) rejected the separation idea in their practices even though W3C promoted it heavily. Folks who don't see the value tend to be implemented and practitioners.

I now understand that this discussion has been going on for years.  I don't believe it would be either productive or necessary to restart it in this group.

Irene