Re: Two Standards ?

It's not that we would only have a shape for any class, it is that we might
have zero or more shapes defined for any subset of the graph of interest,
including classes.

Consider this: I want to assert that all predicates in my RDF graph must be
annotated with rdfs:label. I am not, however, stating that this is
universally true of RDF predicates, and nor is this a class (although it
could be considered a class expression).  We already have RDF(S)/OWL for
descriptions and classification, and I think that shapes are not *only*
special intensions of ontologically-defined classes.

all this being said, I think that a shape is itself a class, and can be
described using RDF/OWL. It has special properties and special powers that
we will imbue it so that intelligent applications correctly apply its WG
defined semantics.

m.

Michel Dumontier, PhD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Biomedical Informatics)
Stanford University
http://dumontierlab.com