Re: Two Standards ?

On 2/14/2015 8:01, Michel Dumontier wrote:
>   I don't agree that OO people will not understand how to deal with
> shapes that place restrictions on other object or data patterns -
> there's nothing complicated or bewildering about it.

But from an RDF triples points of view, you end up with two RDF
structures that basically do the same thing. When to use which, how to
correlate one to another, why have a "Shape" for every "Class". These
are all questions that will come up again and again. They increase the
implementation cost. They increase the cognitive cost. We may end up
with two parallel semantic webs. Your queries have to do more work.

Classes are already well-established. If we have to add Shapes *as RDF
triples* then there need to be good reasons for doing so.