Re: shapes as classes

Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com> wrote on 12/15/2014 06:06:22 PM:

> > In OSLC Resource Shapes, a shape program consists of a set of related
RDF
> > :ResourceShape resources.
>
> To clarify: with "related" you mean via oslc:valueShape, or how else?
> With valueShape you could only cover connected subgraphs, not arbitrary
> graphs.

There are two OSLC mechanisms for defining a set of related shapes:
1. A service, e.g. a URL where you can POST requests to create new
resources, may link to one or more shape resources using
oslc:resourceShape
2. A resource shape may contain links to one or more other resource shapes
associated with the values of properties using oslc:valueShape

Yes, this means that OSLC resource shapes can only describe OO-like
connected graphs. That is a limitation which I pointed out in [1]. I hope
this WG will define a spec that can handle disconnected graphs.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/shapes/#disconnected-graphs