swap-scala inference, Jena and testing

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:07:10 +0200
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: public-cwm-talk@w3.org
Hi Dan,

Great to see your recent blog posts about this project [1] - although
I'm reasonably familiar with Python, in the past I've found the
original swap code a wee bit opaque to grok what's going on.

Anyhow, just a thought - for testing e.g. RDFS inference it should be
straightforward to strap in Jena libs (and associated tests) to your
Scala code - Jena has pretty sophisticated & mature inference
capabilities [2].

I found it fairly trivial to reuse Jena libs in Scala, as in [3]
(using a TDB store, heavy use of SPARQL - alas my code is still mostly
Java written in Scala syntax rather than using Scala idioms - lot of
learning to do :)

Incidentally, not sure what you'll make of map/territory in Jena
(seems a little blurred, but works ok pragmatically - hmm, surely when
represented in code everything is "map" anyway..?):
[[
public interface Resource
extends RDFNode
RDFNode -
Interface covering RDF resources and literals. Allows probing whether
a node is a literal/[blank, URI]resource, moving nodes from model to
model, and viewing them as different Java types using the .as()
polymorphism.
]]

Cheers,
Danny.