Re: Decomposing a URI into its components

Andrea Perego wrote:
> Thanks. Yes, this is what I did. However, I had to specify one rule for
> each URI component:
> [...]
> Can this be obtained in a simpler way?

Yes; try str:search . The tests and documentation for it
are not all in place, but it works:

class BI_search(LightBuiltIn, Function):
     """a more powerful built-in for scraping using regexps.
     takes a list of 2 strings; the first is the
     input data, and the second is a regex with one or more () group.
     Returns the list of data matched by the () groups.