Re: is/of feature of N3 in turtle/sparql?

On Tue, 31 May 2005 10:26:44 +0100, "Seaborne, Andy" <andy.seaborne@hp.com> wrote:

<snip />

> Neither Turtle nor SPARQL have property paths either which is more
> of an omission.
>
> :: n3.n3 ::
> path cfg:mustBeOneSequence(
> 		( node pathtail )
> 	).
>
> pathtail cfg:mustBeOneSequence(
> 		(  )
> 		( "!" path )
> 		( "^" path )
> 	).
> :: n3.n3 ::
>
> which, in practice, would be useful (that is, I wanted them for
> something I was doing yesterday!)

I don't think that fits well with the current set of turtle design
which is in the terminology of triples.  Yes, I know this is more
shortcuts but I find it below the barrier of what I think most
people want.

> PS When might there be a Turtle note?

There's no timeline.  I don't think the DAWG or other WG has agreed
to do this formally.  I brought this up on this list in February:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cwm-talk/2005JanMar/0029.html
but the response was just about syntax detail.

<snip />

Dave