Re: few questions about Customer Experience Digital Data Layout 1.0

Hi Andrew,

> On Oct 10, 2015, at 11:58 PM, Andrew Chang <Andrew.Chang@equifax.com> wrote:
> After reading/implementing  the document, it’s working well in my system. But still have few questions would like to clarify:
>
> 1)      In the  "Status of this Document" of the document (http://www.w3.org/2013/12/ceddl-201312.pdf <http://www.w3.org/2013/12/ceddl-201312.pdf>), why it mentioned “...It is not a W3C Standard nor is it on the W3C Standards Track....” ? So the document is Not a W3C standard even it’s a final report and it’s from W3C? If so, why the internet said it’s a digital data layer standard from W3C. What is the exact meaning of this document?

Sorry if this is confusing. This status is an attempt to explain that this document is the final report of a particular W3C Community Group -- the Customer Experience Digital Data Community Group -- but that it has not gone through the Recommendation-track process and received review and endorsement by the Consortium as a whole. That distinction might not make a difference for your use cases, but it's a distinction we try to make in order to make clear the level of stability, authorship and review of a document.

Hope this helps,
Nick