Matching a column header with leading or trailing whitespace?

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 14:55:48 -0400
To: public-csv-wg@w3.org
In looking at
http://w3c.github.io/csvw/syntax/
section 7.4.1 says "There are no constraints on these titles."
http://w3c.github.io/csvw/syntax/#h-headers
However, the grammar given in section 7.5 distinguishes between 'field'
and 'rawfield', where a 'rawfield' does not start or end with
whitespace.  This implicitly suggests -- but does not state -- that the
name of a column header should not contain leading or trailing whitespace.

Should a column header "First Name " be considered a match of "First
Name"?  For convenience -- and to avoid surprises -- I think it should,
but I didn't see anything in the spec that explicitly answers this
either way.  I don't see a good rationale for allowing a column name to
differ by leading or trailing whitespace.

What do others think?  Has this already been discussed and decided?

Thanks,
David Booth