Re: R2RML/RML for CSV

On 07 Oct 2014, at 15:15 , Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com> wrote:

> On 7 October 2014 08:29, Anastasia Dimou <anastasia.dimou@ugent.be> wrote:
>> Dear Dan,
>>
>>> Q: Can [R2]RML expand a single row into multiple interconnected
>>> subject-nodes. I thought maybe
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/r2rml/#dfn-referencing-object-map is relevant but
>>> haven't figured it out.
>>
>> Yes it is.
>
> Thanks! Progress so far is all in Github now. I've reorganized the
> files to match the "attempts/attempt-1" etc structure we've used for
> other use cases, so that [R2]RML can be contrasted with
> Mustache-family approaches, Direct Mapping(s) etc.
>
> https://github.com/w3c/csvw/tree/gh-pages/examples/tests/scenarios/events
>
> Here are the triples we get out so far...
>
> https://github.com/w3c/csvw/blob/gh-pages/examples/tests/scenarios/events/output/_output_attempt-1.nt.txt
>
> Here is the mapping file itself:
>
> https://github.com/w3c/csvw/blob/gh-pages/examples/tests/scenarios/events/attempts/attempt-1/mapping-events.rml.ttl
>
> There's an issue (Anastasia is investigating) in which the 'offers'
> and 'location' triples are not emitted, even though the Offer and
> Place entities and their properties are emitted. Everything else looks
> perfect in terms of matching the expected output, i.e.
> https://github.com/w3c/csvw/blob/gh-pages/examples/tests/scenarios/events/output/expected-triples.txt
>
> Ivan - it would be great to show a Direct Mapping variant here. Should
> we try to produce it programmatically, or by hand?

I am working on adapting my javascript code to implement the direct mapping stuff. I am roughly half way through it, but I am not sure I can finish it this week, there are some high priority issues coming up this week...

But I truest some prototype will be available for the F2F. The code is merged with the previous version using the simple templates: if there are mustache like templates, they will be used, otherwise the direct mapping as a fallback. At least that is the plan...

Ivan

> Dan

----
Ivan Herman, W3C