RE: Request for comments about requirements

From: Tandy, Jeremy <jeremy.tandy@metoffice.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 09:53:00 +0000
To: Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org>, "public-csv-wg@w3.org" <public-csv-wg@w3.org>

> R-CsvValidation
> Ability to validate a CSV for conformance with a specified DDR
> Is DDR supposed to refer to a specific standard? Or why is the UCR introducing a piece of terminology? It feels if
> there is something more to it. We could just say "metadata" and not define the terminology in UCR.  see also R
> ExternalDataDefinitionResource.

"DDR" is my fault ... back in the early days of generating the use case document I coined this term based on the language used (I think in UC1). However, over time this has morphed into the "metadata" resource described in <http://w3c.github.io/csvw/metadata/>. Agree with your proposal. Let's drop this superfluous terminology.