Re: R-CellValueMicroSyntax

On 08 May 2014, at 22:43 , Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net> wrote:
<snip>

> On May 8, 2014, at 1:26 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

<snip/>

>> Would we want to formalize this 'callback' aspect in our document or simply leave it to the imagination of our implementers? Probably the latter, but I am not 100% sure.
>
> JSON-LD started using callbacks, but on strong recommendations from the API community changes to using Promises; I think this is the norm for W3C WebIDL definitions now.

How does this manifest itself in the IDL or interface specification? More importantly, how would that manifest itself *if* we decided to add some reference to this in the Metadata?

I noticed (to my surprise) that an earlier version of the DOM4 WD did include a reference (and a small section) on Promise, but it does not appear in the latest, CR version of it (published yesterday). I am not sure what to make of it.

Ivan

----