RE: What to do when "primary key" cell values are blank

Hi - I've seen this "blank" behaviour too. In fact, you can see it in the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) referenced within 2.24 Use Case #24 - Expressing a hierarchy within occupational listings [1].

I concluded that "ditto" wasn't always a safe interpretation in the case where blanks occur in multiple columns. It's probably best for people to build a "custom" workflow, like yourselves, to "fill in the blanks" rather than us trying to generalize how this might work.

Jeremy

[1] http://w3c.github.io/csvw/use-cases-and-requirements/#UC-ExpressingHierarchyWithinOccupationalListings