Re: CSV-LD proposal

Hi Gregg,

On 04 Feb 2014, at 19:36 , Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net> wrote:

<snip/>

>> 3. We have a mapping of the metadata to a JSON-LD @context file
>>
>> I *think* that this covers your example, too. If the metadata correctly identifies
>> 	- doap_id as a primary key
>> 	- doap_id and foaf_id as @id-s in the JSON-LD sense (note that this is not the same as primary key!)
>> 	- foaf_name and doap_name as strings
>
> Yes, but this can't be done entirely using a JSON-LD context file, which is why my example used a frame. A frame is basically a context plus entity linking. This is what allows me to allocate doap_id to the outer object, and foaf_id to the inner object.
>
> For example, if I have the following:
>
> doap_id doap_name foaf_id foaf_name
> <rdf> "RDF" <gk> "Gregg"
> <rdf> "RDF" <arto> "Arto"
>
> I probably have in mind something like

> <gregg> foaf:name "Gregg" .
> <arto> foaf:name "Arto" .
>
> It's the framing which allows me to do this (and insert the inferred doap:developer property).

I *think* I understand what you mean but... is this something we need to handle it this WG? What strikes me is that

- one can generate JSON-LD and/or RDF with the mechanisms we describe without any further ado
- there are tools that can transform JSON-LD into a more elaborate one (ie, framing), or transform RDF into a more elaborate one (SPIN, SPARQL Constructs, RDF/OWL reasoning engined). Jolly good, as the British say:-), good for us that we have those facilities, but do we have to specify those in this Working Group?

Ivan

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Digital Publishing Activity Lead