Re: Writing Modes PR & Testsuite

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 16:19:06 +0900
To: Geoffrey Sneddon <me@gsnedders.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>, GĂ©rard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>

> In principle, the tests fail in all UAs

I don't think this is true; Blink imports the tests once every a week or
two, Blink has some anti-alias issue on Mac but not on other platforms.

Each browsers handle fractional pixels and anti-alias differently, and
you're right that we don't have as much experiences on building stable
tests in vertical writing modes yet as we have in horizontal writing modes.
I can't agree more for us to improve that, but as long as we have enough
browsers passing in automated/manual ways, I do not see this as a spec
issue.

/koji