Re: [css-writing-modes-3] 112 new sizing orthogonal tests in section 7.3.1 and section 7.3.2

Le 2017-01-04 19:07, Gérard Talbot a écrit :
> [...]
>>
>> 1-
>> Chrome 57.0.2970.0 and Edge 13 fail about 12% of all those 112 tests;
>> for Chrome 57.0.2970.0, I will know exactly the numbers of failed
>> tests later.
>
> Chrome 57 fails 16 tests out of 112: 14.2% failure.
>
> These 16 tests are:
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-prct-htb-in-vlr-001
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-prct-htb-in-vlr-002
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-prct-htb-in-vrl-001
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-prct-htb-in-vrl-002
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-prct-vlr-in-htb-001
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-prct-vlr-in-htb-002
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-prct-vrl-in-htb-001
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-prct-vrl-in-htb-002
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-htb-in-vlr-001
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-htb-in-vlr-004
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-htb-in-vrl-001
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-htb-in-vrl-004
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-vlr-in-htb-001
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-vlr-in-htb-004
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-vrl-in-htb-001
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-vrl-in-htb-004
>

> I believe - but I can not be sure of this - that MS-Edge14 fails these
> same 16 tests. Someone else besides me would have to confirm this (I
> do not have and do not use Windows 10).
>
>> Firefox 53.0a1 buildID=20170103030204 passes all 112 tests.
>>
>> 2-
>> I will need a review so that these tests are correct. There is also 94
>> reference files which may need to be checked too.
>>
>> 3-
>> I know that about 5% of those 112 tests may have problems with the
>> test harness. Several tests requires that the initial containing block
>> be taller than 500px. This may not actually happen with the test
>> harness. This depends on your screen monitor resolution and size. I
>> will either adjust those tests (change a few values or change the
>> character data of blocks) later; I am not sure right now what's the
>> best thing to do... but I am sure this issue can be solved elegantly.
>
> I have a list of reference files that I believe may need a bit of
> tuning: a) document box height varies between a few tests and

Regarding this a) item: I have created more precise reference files for

http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-vlr-in-htb-009

http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-vlr-in-htb-012

http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-vrl-in-htb-009

http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-vrl-in-htb-012

tests so that document box height (and related vertical scrollbar thumb
sizes) match perfectly, accurately.

committed changeset 8828:d33b26cb9da3
http://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/d33b26cb9da3

> and b) the margin bottom of last sentence collapses
> with margin bottom of body which may or may not be rendered, according
> to spec. There is a way for me to work around this and I want to do
> this and, if I recall correctly, I have done so in a few tests.
>

> Another odd thing I found, which I need to investigate a bit more:
> several reference files using a vertical writing-mode will not
> generate a vertical scrollbar in the test harness' <object> even
> though document box height is definitely taller than the object's
> viewport. Once outside the test harness, the window display a vertical
> scrollbar as expected. So, I do not if this is normal (does not seem
> like it) and if it could be a bug. Right now, I believe this only
> happens to Chrome 57 ...
>
> Eg. View the reference file of
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-vrl-in-htb-001
>
> in both Chrome 57 and Firefox 53. Chrome 57 does not render a vertical
> scrollbar when I think it should. Once outside the test harness'
> <object> and in a normal window
>
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html/reference/sizing-orthog-vrl-in-htb-001-ref.htm
>
> then Chrome renders a vertical scrollbar. At first sight, this looks
> like a bug to me.

There are also:

http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-prct-vrl-in-htb-003

http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/css-writing-modes-3_dev/single/sizing-orthog-prct-vrl-in-htb-004

which have the same issue for Chrome 57. I will mark those tests as PASS
for Chrome 57 but eventually 1) a test will have to be created and
submitted about scrollbar generated (I have added it on my to-do-list
but it is in my low priority list) and 2) a bug report at chromium.org
will have to be created and submitted for such issue.

Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines

Test Templates

CSS Naming Guidelines