Re: [css-ui] Box sizing TCs from Mozilla reviewed

Le 2015-05-06 17:38, fantasai a écrit :
> On 04/28/2015 04:35 AM, Florian Rivoal wrote:
>> Hi Scott, Fantasai and David,
>>
>> (Sending to you because you are marked in shepherd either as author or
>> owner of the TCs)
>>
>> Since the box-sizing section of css3-ui has now stabilized, I've
>> reviewed the test cases that Mozilla has contributed to the w3c for
>> box-sizing. Sorry about the long delay between submission and review.
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/spec/css-ui-3/owner/dbaron
>>
>> While they are all correct, they also all need improvements. Most of
>> the TC are not minimized and use quite a bit more markup and style
>> than needed for what they are testing. They also use an unusual look
>> for the PASS state, while they could easily be made into the typical
>> 100*100px green square with no red. Also, they are not reftests even
>> though they easily could be.
>>
>> See this comment on box-sizing-border-box-001 for a representative
>> example of what I'm talking about:
>> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/box-sizing-border-box-001/spec/css-ui-3/owner/dbaron/#comment-432e47396122
>
> In general I agree with your comments, however
>
>> 3) no need for black borders anywhere
>>
>> 4) no need for blue and green. All green for pass, some red for fail
>> is more obvious
>
> I think that it helps to have borders that are visible and show what's
> going on.
> (They could still be green, perhaps different shades of green, but
> should be visibly
> distinct.)
> Now that we are using automated tests, it is not so
> critical for the test
> result to be fast for a human to evaluate--instead, it is more
> important that a
> developer reviewing the test or evaluating a failed result is able to
> understand
> what's happening in the test.

Elika,

If an human evaluator or test reviewer use Inspector tool (Firefox), Web
Inspector (Chrome) or other browsers' webpage inspecting tools, then
(s)he will see content area, padding belt, border belt, margin belt in
different color shades and they will be visually distinct... along with
the used values for all these CSS box properties.

Also the specified values versus computed values lists are often
available with those tools.

Sometimes, the used values are incorrect but when that happens, it is
often because (or related to) it is a new spec or implementation rather
recent, not mature yet or it's a browser bug.

Gérard

--
Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines