Re: More cleanup or refactoring or optimizations coming? eg ref-filled-green-100px-square

Hi Gérard,

On 10/30/14, 2:29 PM, "Gérard Talbot" <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:

>Rebecca,
>
>http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/name/ref-filled-green-100px-square/
>
>When I search for the string "ref-filled-green-100px-square" in
>Shepherd, I get 4 Reference Files Found and 1 Support File Found.
>
>The query of ref-filled-green-100px-square should return only 1
>reference test file.
>
>http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/support/ref-filled-green-100px-square.xht/
>
>is not a support file; in fact, this is the original reference test
>file.

Apparently that file lives in css-multicol-1/support, but nothing in that
spec test dir appears to use that file, so it can safely be removed.

>I wonder if you have plans to do more cleanup (or refactoring?) of the
>test repositories, test folders optimizations or cleanup.
>
>------
>
>http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/tables/reference/ref-filled-green-100px
>-square.xht
>http://test.csswg.org/source/mediaqueries-3/reference/ref-filled-green-100
>px-square.xht
>http://test.csswg.org/source/css-multicol-1/reference/ref-filled-green-100
>px-square.xht
>http://test.csswg.org/source/css-backgrounds-3/reference/ref-filled-green-
>100px-square.xht
>http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/reference/ref-filled-green-100px-square
>.xht
>
>There should not be so many copies of the same reference file test...

There were multiple copies of this file before the reorganization.
Previously, they were at:

approved/css2.1/src/reference/ref-filled-green-100px-square.xht
contributors/gtalbot/incoming/reference/ref-filled-green-100px-square.xht
contributors/gtalbot/submitted/reference/ref-filled-green-100px-square.xht
contributors/intel/submitted/css3-background/reference/ref-filled-green-100
px-square.xht
contributors/opera/submitted/multicol/reference/ref-filled-green-100px-squa
re.xht
contributors/ttwf_shenzhen/intel/css3-ui/reference/ref-filled-green-100px-s
quare.xht

I wasn¹t intending on doing any further reorganizing to eliminate these
duplicated files. In fact, we duplicate many more files than this one in
the support dirs.  At some point it¹d be nice to come up with a strategy
for sharing these common files across test suites, but right now it¹s
better to keep all a test suites dependencies in within its spec dir.