Re: Building writing-modes test suite: linking to #propdef-writing-mode instead #writing-mode

From: Peter Linss <peter.linss@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:24:26 -0800
To: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>

On Nov 20, 2014, at 11:33 PM, Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:

> Le 2014-11-20 21:46, Peter Linss a écrit :
>> I found and fixed the problem, the test indexer was mis-sorting the
>> tests, causing some tests not linked to a section heading to be placed
>> into the wrong sections in the index file. The indexes should be
>> accurate starting with tonight's build.
>> Peter
>
> Linking to a property definition (#propdef-...) is not a section heading too. It is not an anchor from the table of contents either. It is not a section (or subsection) of the spec.

Right, and linking to any anchor in a spec is perfectly fine. When a test isn't linked directly to a section heading, then the tools determine which section the anchor is in. In the issue that you found, the tool that generates the index file for the built test suite had a bug in its sorting algorithm and placed some of those links in the wrong section. It should be working as expected now.

Peter