Re: CSS test repo refactored - branch ready for review

On May 8, 2014, at 1:49 PM, Rebecca Hauck <rhauck@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've branched the css test repo and done the big refactoring I proposed here a couple of weeks ago [1].  The changes were pretty straightforward and I think I addressed all of the comments on the original proposal [2].
>
> Here are the steps I took (labeled as such in commit messages):
>
> 1. Move everything in root/approved up one level, keeping original names and structure

This is probably a good time to rename the spec directories to the current shortname conventions. You can find a list of all the shortnames in Shepherd:
https://test.csswg.org/shepherd/administration/specification/  (admin only link)

Do we want to keep the 'src' directories in the spec directories?

The only useful files in the 'data' directories are the 'sections.dat' files (and maybe some licenses). These will go away at some point when the build code uses Shepherd's API directly, but for now I don't mind if they live directly in the spec directory and we lose the data directories too.

> 2. Move everything in **/submitted into their the spec/src directory based on the first spec link in each test. All category subdirectory structure is kept wherever it existed & all relative paths to support and reference files are preserved.
>
> 3. Move everything in **/incoming to root/works_in_progress/userdir.  For ttwf incomings, there are ttwf_* dirs for each event in works_in_progress
>
> 4. Move root/contributors/mozilla > root/vendor-imports/mozilla.  This addresses dbaron's [3] and fantasai's concerns [4] about these externally sourced tests.
>
> 5. Move root/contributors/i18n into i18n/ subdirs in each spec dir (also in work_in_progress). Dropped copies the readmes for these tests in each dir.
>
> 6. Move contributors/csswg-issues into a csswg-issues subdir in each spec dir (I think it was only css2.1 + work_in_progress)
>
> 7. Moved root/test-plans/* into respective spec dirs (per Tobie's suggestion following the WPT convention [5])
>
> 8. Removed root/cvs-import and root/build-test per Peter's ok [6]
>
> Left in place:  root/tools
>
> I used git mv for all of the changes, so I believe I preserved history. Also, I took care of file naming collisions along the way (there were surprisingly very few)
>
> Peter, when you have a chance can you look at the branch and let me know what else I need to do to get this working right with the tools?

I'll take care of updating the tools and let you know when they're ready (actually I'll probably just land your changes when the tools are ready). Give me a couple of days or so.

> You’ll see I removed all the old readmes describing the directories.  Once all the testing on this new structure is done, I'll draft new ones for the new tree.
>

> A couple of minor questions:
> - css3-selectors and selectors3 seem like they can be merged into one directory. These were already there in approved.  Peter, if they can be merged, which name to use?

Merge them, call the new directory 'selectors-3'.

> - Can css3-2d-transforms/ safely be removed?

Yes.