Re: CSS test repo refactored - branch ready for review

Le 2014-06-02 16:03, Peter Linss a écrit :
> On Jun 1, 2014, at 7:34 PM, Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Le 2014-06-01 17:27, Peter Linss a écrit :

>>> I don't think that rearranging the subdirectories within the
>>> specification directories was part of this refactoring. If we're
>>> going
>>> to be consistent with the WPT repo then we may have to rethink that
>>> anyway (though I don't think having a directory structure tied to
>>> spec
>>> subsections is a good idea for specs under active development, as the
>>> structure of the specs tends to change a lot and it's too much to
>>> rearrange the test repo every time that happens).
>>> At this point feel free to move your tests about if you don't think
>>> they're in the right place, just be sure to either update the paths
>>> reference and support files or move them as well, as needed.
>>
>> Peter,
>>
>> I'm a bit confused. Let's consider
>> background-position-applies-to-001a.xht
>> test.
>>
>> It's now in
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/
>>
>> but it should be in
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/backgrounds/
>>
>> The
>> background-position-applies-to-001a.xht
>> test has
>> <link rel="help"
>> href="http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/colors.html#background-properties"
>> title="14.2.1 Background properties: 'background-color',
>> 'background-image', 'background-repeat', 'background-attachment',
>> 'background-position', and 'background'" />
>>
>> Shouldn't the <link rel="help" href="..."> spec be sufficient for the
>> build process to figure out where (in which /css21/ folder) to put
>> such test?
>
> The build process doesn't move files within the repository, it only
> generates the built test suites found at:
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/

Okay.

> All the locations of files within the repository are maintained by
> people (you really don't want an automated process modifying the
> repository).

Forgive my question but ... where are *all of my submitted tests* now ?
in my local repository? and in http://test.csswg.org/source/ ?

I ask this because ...
There used to be a /contributors folder (which was in the /src/ folder)
where all contributors had their folder by their username. Now, such
/contributors folder is only visible, only accessible via mercurial and
has only a few folders.
I can see right now an
/contributors/gtalbot/submitted
but it is empty and this folder is not viewable, not accessible from
http://test.csswg.org/source/

> At some point the build process will create subdirectories in the
> output folders and yes, it will use the spec links to assign the tests
> to them.
>
> Peter

Peter,

How come ~=260 tests of my tests are in
http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/ (at root of /css21)?
Is such folder the appropriate folder where those ~=260 tests should be?
Where are the other tests (source) I submitted?

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011