Re: CSS test repo refactored - branch ready for review

On Jun 1, 2014, at 7:34 PM, Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:

> Le 2014-06-01 17:27, Peter Linss a écrit :
>> On May 30, 2014, at 11:43 AM, Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:
>>> Le 2014-05-30 04:23, Peter Linss a écrit :
>

>>> b) About 260 tests that I submitted have been moved to an odd folder, to the root folder
>>> Eg.#1
>>> absolute-non-replaced-width-025
>>> should be in folder
>>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/visudet/
>>> but it isn't. According to shepherd, such test (and =~ 259 other tests) is in the root folder:
>>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/
>> I don't think that rearranging the subdirectories within the
>> specification directories was part of this refactoring. If we're going
>> to be consistent with the WPT repo then we may have to rethink that
>> anyway (though I don't think having a directory structure tied to spec
>> subsections is a good idea for specs under active development, as the
>> structure of the specs tends to change a lot and it's too much to
>> rearrange the test repo every time that happens).
>> At this point feel free to move your tests about if you don't think
>> they're in the right place, just be sure to either update the paths to
>> reference and support files or move them as well, as needed.
>
> Peter,
>
> I'm a bit confused. Let's consider
> background-position-applies-to-001a.xht
> test.
>
> It's now in
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/
>
> but it should be in
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css21/backgrounds/
>
> The
> background-position-applies-to-001a.xht
> test has
> <link rel="help" href="http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/colors.html#background-properties" title="14.2.1 Background properties: 'background-color', 'background-image', 'background-repeat', 'background-attachment', 'background-position', and 'background'" />
>
> Shouldn't the <link rel="help" href="..."> spec be sufficient for the build process to figure out where (in which /css21/ folder) to put such test?

The build process doesn't move files within the repository, it only generates the built test suites found at:
http://test.csswg.org/suites/
All the locations of files within the repository are maintained by people (you really don't want an automated process modifying the repository).

At some point the build process will create subdirectories in the output folders and yes, it will use the spec links to assign the tests to them.

Peter