Re: test automation

On 03/06/2013 04:45 PM, Davis Ford wrote:
> Hi, I'm interested in using the css 2.1 suite, but had a couple of quick
> questions.
>
> 1) Is there a way to automate the tests?  I'm guessing the answer is no,
> since most of the tests seem to require visual human inspection.

There has been some work on converting these tests to reftests [1],
which can be automated. It's a lot of boring work, though, so people
don't tend to be extremely motivated.

https://test.csswg.org/harness/suite/CSS21_DEV/

> 3) Which release of the test suite is recommended 1.0 or the latest?

I would suspect the latest.

HTH
Ms2ger

[1] http://wiki.csswg.org/test/reftest