Re: Allow @font-face and TTF font embedding in tests? (Japanese fonts)

Le Lun 18 février 2013 1:20, Chris Lilley a écrit :
> Hello Gérard,
>
> Friday, February 15, 2013, 10:55:48 AM, you wrote:
>

>> Le Ven 15 février 2013 1:17, Chris Lilley a écrit :
>>> Hello Gérard,
>>>
>>> Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 8:35:29 PM, you wrote:
>>>
>>> (Chris wrote)

>>> WOFF  is Web Open Font Format and is a W3C Recommendation.
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/WOFF/
>>>
>>> It takes an SFNT font (ie TrueType or OpenType),
>>> makes a header, and
>>> compresses each table in the font.Metadata (such as links to
>>> licening)
>>> can also be included.
>>>
>>> Making  one is trivial. Download this command line tool (from
>>> jonathan
>>> Kew, one of the editors of the WOFF spec; source included)
>>> http://people.mozilla.com/~jkew/woff/
>>>

>> Chris
>
>> I have downloaded
>> woff-code-latest.zip from J. Kew WOFF website
>> and have unzip it and ... <sigh> I'm locked at this point.
>
>>> compile,
>

>> How to compile? I use Linux KDE 4.10 (32bits) and I am still a modest
>> user (not a power user) under Linux. I can see the 3 C files and the 2
>> header files from the .zip file....
>> Do you know the command line instructions to compile 3 C files and 2
>> headers files into 1 executable in a Linux Terminal?
>
> in a terminal, move to the directory with the unzipped files and type
> make
>
> like this (this is cygwin on windows):
>
> Chris@M6700 /cygdrive/d
> $ cd woff-code-latest
>
> Chris@M6700 /cygdrive/d/woff-code-latest
> $ make
> cc    -c -o sfnt2woff.o sfnt2woff.c
> cc    -c -o woff.o woff.c
> cc  -o sfnt2woff sfnt2woff.o woff.o -lz
> cc    -c -o woff2sfnt.o woff2sfnt.c
> cc  -o woff2sfnt woff2sfnt.o woff.o -lz
>
> This assumes that you have:
> a compiler (gcc)
> make (or gmake)
> the zlib libraries (used for lots of things - PNG, HTTP, etc).

I have downloaded and installed gcc (which required gcc-4.7 as
dependency and a few other files) and the zlib (zlib1g-dev and zlib1g
files).

The executable was created:
$ make
cc    -c -o woff.o woff.c
cc  -o sfnt2woff sfnt2woff.o woff.o -lz
cc    -c -o woff2sfnt.o woff2sfnt.c
cc  -o woff2sfnt woff2sfnt.o woff.o -lz
$ ls
Makefile              sfnt2woff.c           woff2sfnt    woff.c
woff-private.h
mplus-1p-regular.ttf  sfnt2woff.o           woff2sfnt.c  woff.h
sfnt2woff             woff-2009-10-03.html  woff2sfnt.o  woff.o
$ sfnt2woff mplus-1p-regular.ttf
sfnt2woff : commande introuvable

but the conversion does not occur: unfound command!

I've tried several times.
sfnt2woff is recognized as an executable and it has all the necessary
granted execute rights.

Gérard

> Try that and let me know if there is a problem.
>
>> "Precompiled versions (of sfnt2woff) for Mac OS X and for Windows are
>> available."
>
>> ... but none for Linux Ubuntu i686 32bits family ..
>
>>> and then
>>>
>>> sfnt2woff foo.ttf
>
>> That's when the executable has been created.
>

>>> makes foo.woff
>
>> Gérard
>

> --
> Best regards,
>  Chris                            mailto:chris@w3.org

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: