Re: Testing border-radius

"Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kanghaol@oupeng.com> a écrit :

> (12/10/21 15:44), Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu wrote:
>> I am wondering if this is necessary because it is not at all
>> straightforward how you do this for 'border-radius'.
>
> Just to clarify, I meant reftests.
>
> I examine all reftests that have something to do with 'border-raidus'
> (having 'radius' in the file name), besides the one I gave advice to,
> all the test cases either 1) don't meet the requirement that it should
> fail when 'border-radius' is not supported at all

Such requirement is not obtainable realistically speaking.

E.g.

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/ttwf_bj/silverma/submitted/border-radius-horizontal-value-is-zero.html

This is an OK test; this is a reasonable test. Albeit there are some
issues with the test but, as far as failing in
non-capable-CSS3-border-radius browsers, the test is adequate,
appropriate.

> 2) have some
> statements like "FAIL if the corners are not rounded."

I suggest to use

Test passes if the 4 corners of the rectangle are <strong>rounded</strong>.

Test passes if the 4 corners of the rectangle are <strong>square</strong>.

I recommend to use the same introductory formulation: Test passes if
[boolean condition].

> So, should we drop that requirement or do we actually allow test
> submitters to do something like 2) ? I feel like I am misunderstanding
> the requirement so I'd like to be educated.

There is a number of situations where border-radius declarations can
not create rounded corners. Therefore, such requirement can not in all
fairness be applied.

Eg. Border-collapsed tables, table rows in border-collapsed tables, etc.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011