Re: Testing border-radius

"Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kanghaol@oupeng.com> a écrit :

> In Test the Web Forward@Beijing, it was mentioned that the tests written
> should fail even when the browser doesn't support that feature *at all*.

Kang-Hao,

As far as I am concerned and involved, such goal is a rule: you want
only-CSS1-capable browsers and only-CSS2.1-capable browsers to fail
such tests. Sometimes, such goal is not possible, achievable,
therefore there are exceptions.

> I am wondering if this is necessary because it is not at all
> straightforward how you do this for 'border-radius'.
>
> The idea I just suggested to a participant is to add something like

>     You would not see this if your browser supports 'border-radius'.
>
>   #dummy {
>     border-radius: 500em;
>     width: 10000em;
>     height: 10000em;
>     overflow: hidden; /* the text would be clipped */
>   }
>
> to the test and not to the reference, but as the name suggests, it's
> quite dummy.
>
> Given all browsers support 'border-radius' without prefix now, is
> something like the thingy above still necessary? And does anyone have a
> better idea?

If I understand your test - and I'm not sure that I do right now - ,
this is an extreme and edge case.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011