Newer 100x100-blue-and-orange image replacing 100x100-gradient-blue-to-orange image

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:01:32 -0500
To: "Zhang, Zhiqiang" <zhiqiang.zhang@intel.com>

Le Jeu 15 novembre 2012 23:02, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> Le Jeu 15 novembre 2012 0:24, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
>>> review, to approve.
>>> be

>> I am working on other images which would avoid creating fractions in
>> calculations and when rescaling and which could be reliable and
>> helping
>> human testers notice test failures. It's not as easy as one might
>> think.
>> Top and left sides of such images should be with a distinct color
>> and/or
>> distinct pattern. Right and bottom sides of such images should use
>> another distinct color and/or distinct pattern. That way, an human
>> tester would see if a 1px is missing at right and/or bottom and if 1px
>> is incorrectly repeated at right and/or bottom. When the
>> background-size: with round value fails, then it is because there is a
>> partially displayed image on the right and/or at the bottom. So, this
>> explains the need to have differentiable color and/or pattern for the
>> image.
> I am not a keen expert with GIMP or photoshop. So I came up with
> 100x100-gradient-blue-to-orange.png
> At least, such image solve the 2 main problems mentioned above and meets
> the requirements I was listing.

I have created another image:

which I believe is a bit clearer and simpler. My first, initial
100x100-gradient-blue-to-orange.png was due to GIMP inexperience. I
believe is a bit clearer for people who will be taking these
background-size-[025-034] tests.

I have updated

with their respectives reftests.

I think it's important to try to create the best possible image for
those kinds of tests. There will be other background-size-* tests later
and I hope we'll all be reusing that same

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: