Re: [RC6] font-family-name-023

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 03:02:13 -0400
To: "John Daggett" <jdaggett@mozilla.com>

Le Sam 17 mars 2012 2:34, John Daggett a écrit :
> Gérard Talbot wrote:

>> font shorthand should match to fonts with those names" />
>>
>> {font-family: x-large CSSTest FamilyName Funky, CSSTest Fallback;}
>>
>> should match the font face "CSSTest FamilyName" and not "CSSTest
>> Fallback".
>>
>> Where do you read this from CSS 2.1, section 15.3? Just asking..
>> I have never heard of such thing before.
>
> Hmmm, no it should match the font named "x-large CSSTest FamilyName
> Funky" (csstest-familyname-funkyB.ttf), not "CSSTest FamilyName" or
> "CSSTest Fallback".
>
> Those are all valid font family names which match names in the
> underlying test fonts. This test is merely trying to trip up
> implementations that are not careful about how code is shared between
> the font shorthand and the font-family property.

John,

The reftest for font-family-name-023 does not use the font-family
"x-large CSSTest FamilyName Funky" but rather "CSSTest FamilyName".

If it's the same font but with a different name, then it certainly is
confusing: after reading the assert text and then examining the reftest,
it sorta misleads.

Choosing the font-family "CSSTest FamilyName" for the reftest can easily
lead to misinterpretation of the test.

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/mozilla/submitted/fontreftests/font-family-name-023.xht

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/mozilla/submitted/fontreftests/font-family-name-023-ref.xht

Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:
http://test.csswg.org/harness/

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: