[RC6] inline-formatting-context-023 issues

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 01:39:04 -0400
To: "Arron Eicholz" <arron.eicholz@microsoft.com>
Arron,

[RC6]
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/inline-formatting-context-023.htm

[nightly-unstable]
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/inline-formatting-context-023.htm

1-
The title says
"CSS Test: Bidirectional text runs can create additional line boxes"

I believe it should be saying instead
"CSS Test: Bidirectional text runs create additional inline boxes"

otherwise the test does not make sense.

2-
            #span1
            {
line 13         margin: 1px;
line 14         padding: 1px;

I have no idea why the parent span requires a margin and padding like
that (1px is tiny) and what such declarations could/would/should
possibly do inside the test purposes. I definitely and certainly would
remove these. Vertical margins don't apply to inline non-replaced
element anyway on top of all this.

3-
I have a reftest ready, standing by for this test.

I believe Opera 11.61 fails this test by creating a 1px horizontal gap
at the end of the bidi-override inline box.

Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:
http://test.csswg.org/harness/

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: