Re: [css3-transitions] [css3-animations] API for testing transitions and animations

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 17:42:04 +0100
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:00:06 +0100, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>    http://test.csswg.org/resources/

Oh, good.

>>> I've stripped out our vendor-specific prefixed notation in favor of
>>> the one
>>> in the spec, I'm sure it won't be to difficult for other interested
>>> parties
>>> to add their own prefixes with a few sed commands or what have you.
>> For now I've added the prefixes by script in my tests, so that we can
>> look at the results easily.  It's harder to judge the test validity
>> without being able to run it easily in browsers.
> This one will take a bit more time to fix... Ideally we'd handle the
> prefixing in the build scripts,

Not for officially-released versions of the testsuites, I hope. I'd hate
to see prefixes gain any more legitimacy due to someone noticing that even
W3C's standards testsuites use them...

> maybe by running a set of regexps stored in a configuration
> file. (Regular expressions should work fine for most static tests, but
> I'm not
> sure how you'd handle scripting. Would that work for your tests?)

(I'm not sure who you were addressing here, but it would probably work for

Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA