Re: Which test suite should test property animation?

From: Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:45:55 -0500
To: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Cc: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:
> Work will be progressing on test suites for Transitions, Animations and Transforms in the near future. Which test suite should test the transition and animation behavior of the 'transform' property: the Transforms suite, or the Animation and Transitions suites?

IMO, it makes no difference.  Where two specs overlap, having the
tests in either repo makes sense, as long as it's consistent.  Just
leave it up to whoever writes the tests.  All browsers aim to conform
to all three specs anyway, so they'll want to pass the tests in all
suites, and it really doesn't matter which suite any particular test
is in.

This is if you neglect Process issues.  If we want to advance anything
along the REC track, we should arrange the normative dependencies to
make it as easy as possible, since (IIUC) nothing can go to PR unless
its normative dependencies are at PR.  So if Transforms is deemed the
most stable, the stuff in the Transforms spec about transitions and
animations should be moved to the Transitions/Animations specs, which
can then normatively depend on Transforms.  Then the tests should be
moved too.  That way, Transitions/Animations won't hold Transforms
back at CR.