Requirements for (level >=3) tests

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:29:39 +0100
To: CSS-testsuite <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
I have assumed that the guidelines at
http://wiki.csswg.org/test/css2.1/contribute etc also apply to non-CSS2.1
tests, even though the URLs, breadcrumbs and content tend to mention 2.1
specifically. Whether this is true or not, I am wondering which parts are
absolutely *required* for submitted tests. Maybe that could be stated more
clearly.

For instance, is the XHTML format mandatory for other testsuites? (It
seems not all of them use it.) Are #help <link>s always necessary for
building?

Of course, if I write a new testsuite I will try to keep all of these
guidelines in mind. However, for existing and more ad-hoc tests, and tests
written by others, the higher the bar the harder it will be to find the
required time to do all the work for converting and submitting.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA