Requirements for (level >=3) tests

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:29:39 +0100
To: CSS-testsuite <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
I have assumed that the guidelines at
http://wiki.csswg.org/test/css2.1/contribute etc also apply to non-CSS2.1
tests, even though the URLs, breadcrumbs and content tend to mention 2.1
specifically. Whether this is true or not, I am wondering which parts are
absolutely *required* for submitted tests. Maybe that could be stated more

For instance, is the XHTML format mandatory for other testsuites? (It
seems not all of them use it.) Are #help <link>s always necessary for

Of course, if I write a new testsuite I will try to keep all of these
guidelines in mind. However, for existing and more ad-hoc tests, and tests
written by others, the higher the bar the harder it will be to find the
required time to do all the work for converting and submitting.

Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA