Re: Format guidelines for tests (particularly HTML5)

On Apr 18, 2012, at 11:38 AM, fantasai wrote:

> On 04/18/2012 08:05 AM, Linss, Peter wrote:
>>
>> {snip}
>>
>> It occurred to me that for markup parsing tests we need to be able to flag the test source in such a way that the build process will simply copy the source file as is. It can copy all the metadata (including any metadata it needs to inject) into a sidecar file (.meta). Any suggestions for the name of that flag?
>
> I'd make it a per-testsuite option. None of the CSS tests should ever
> need that flag. But some of the HTML ones would.
>
> ~fantasai

But test suites will soon be generated based on spec links. So if it's external to the test file then we need to specify the option on a per spec link basis.

Even then, some test may refer to parsing sections of other specs as secondary links and may not really have a 'don't re-serialize me' requirement.

Since we really only need it for tests that are deliberately non-well formed (or otherwise stress a markup parser), I'd like to have it a per-test option.

Peter