Re: Proposed improvements to c414-flt-ln-002

fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> a écrit :

> On 12/06/2010 10:43 AM, Øyvind Stenhaug wrote:
>> On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 09:53:58 +0100, fantasai
>> <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>>

>> - The vertical alignment is still off by 1-2 px, in all desktop
>> browsers I've tried. The height of the content area of inline
>> non-replaced elements seems to be undefined in the spec.
>
> I don't think I can do anything about that, unfortunately.

Hello,

[nightly-unstable]
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/c414-flt-ln-001.htm

I have tried to tackle this issue and then came up with this for
c414-flt-ln-001 testcase:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/c414-flt-ln-001-ahem.html

If the tester increases font-size, then background lines will not be
positioned optimally and fractional pixel issues will occure: there
will be small and short (1px) lines of red appearing.

If the tester resizes window viewport (and I think we can safely and
intentionally invite the tester to do that), the testcase should be
(and is in my opinion) reliable and robust.

The background-image light gray horizontal line could be adapted to
tackle more versatile situations too.

I also believe we could port/adopt such code design for the other
c414-flt-ln-00? testcases.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011