Re: [CSS21] z-index-020 test case is invalid

On Wednesday 2011-10-26 21:21 +0000, Arron Eicholz wrote:
> I think you misread steps in Appendix E. The Webkit and Gecko,
> renderings are incorrect per the reading and explanation I gave of
> Appendix E and the optional position to paint outlines of 7.3. The
> outline (fuchsia) paints in tree order and before the following
> inline-block (aqua).

I didn't disagree with that (though I haven't read Øyvind Stenhaug's
response yet, which might lead me to).

However, I pointed out that Appendix E contradicts other statements
in the specification.

I'd also point out that the first option in Appendix E is a pretty
bad behavior, since it allows outlines to be covered by the
background of an inline on the previous line.  I think what Gecko
and WebKit implement is preferable to that behavior.

-David

--
π„ž   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   𝄂
𝄒   Mozilla                           http://www.mozilla.org/   𝄂