Re: [RC6] border-conflict-element-001 is incorrect, invalid

Le Jeu 3 novembre 2011 12:53, Robert Hogan a écrit :
> FWIW I think Gérard is right, it also affects 002

Robert,

I have reported such issue in the CSS test suite management

http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/border-conflict-element-001/

http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/border-conflict-element-002/

and also submitted tougher, more demanding testcases

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/border-conflict-element-001a.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/border-conflict-element-001b.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/border-conflict-element-001c.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/border-conflict-element-001d.htm

border-conflict-element-001d is currently failed by all browsers except
IE8 and IE9.

> and possibly others.

I have not found any other in section 17.6.2.1
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/chapter-17.html#s17.6.2.1
which were incorrect. Maybe there are others... If you think we have
missed a few, please report them.

> When will they be updated?

This is ultimately up to the owner and the author of those testcases.

I hope there will be a RC7 released before, say, january 31st 2012 with
all those identified testcases with adequate correction.

It is objectively in the best interests of all participating and
involved parties (web authors, browser manufacturers, W3C, web-aware
software makers, etc) to have a CSS 2.1 test suite which is reliable,
trustworthy, accurate.

regards, Gérard

> On Sunday 09 October 2011 02:21:16 Gérard Talbot wrote:
>> Arron,
>>
>> [RC6]
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/border-conflict-eleme
>> nt-001.htm
>>
>> [nightly-unstable]
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/border-confli
>> ct-element-001.htm

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: