Re: [RC6] active-selector-002 and activation of links with keyboard

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 19:10:10 -0700

Le Jeu 7 juillet 2011 9:58, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/active-selector-002.htm
>
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/active-selector-002.htm
>
> "Clicking the links above, or activating them with the keyboard, should
> make them go green in exactly the same way."
>
> The instructions and expected results are not entirely clear or
> coherent.
>
> 1- Does the test fail if activating with the keyboard does not make them
> go green?
>
> 2- No browser currently can activate with the keyboard Link A.
>
> 3- As for activating Link B and Link C with keyboard (tab key and access
> key), no current browser make them go green but we can see the
> Informative status message in silver color.

4- Normal testers would wonder how to activate a link with the keyboard.
I think the testcase should indicate this: tab key (or shift+tab) and
then press Enter key.

5- Some browsers like Opera 11.50 will not activate links with the
keyboard if - I am not sure of this - they do not have an accesskey or a
tabindex. If the testcase really needs to have a keyboard navigation
sub-test, then I think 2. Link B and 3. Link C should have a tabindex
and an accesskey.

6- :target is a CSS3 pseudo-class. Although it isn't part of the test
itself, it may affect the capability of the tester to be notified
if/when the links were activated with the keyboard.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:
http://test.csswg.org/harness/