Re: [RC6] active-selector-002 and activation of links with keyboard

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 04:10:10 +0200, Gérard Talbot
<css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:

> Le Jeu 7 juillet 2011 9:58, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/active-selector-002.htm
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/active-selector-002.htm

> 4- Normal testers would wonder how to activate a link with the keyboard.
> I think the testcase should indicate this: tab key (or shift+tab) and
> then press Enter key.

This is browser- and device-dependent, though.

> 5- Some browsers like Opera 11.50 will not activate links with the
> keyboard if - I am not sure of this - they do not have an accesskey or a
> tabindex. If the testcase really needs to have a keyboard navigation
> sub-test, then I think 2. Link B and 3. Link C should have a tabindex
> and an accesskey.

Looks like tabindex is needed for <Tab> to work. There are other shortcuts
though, see e.g.
<http://help.opera.com/Linux/11.50/en/keyboard.html#link-handling>.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug