Re: [RC6] before-after-dynamic-attr-001 : ought to have a "may" flag

From: Patrick Garies <w3c.public-css-testsuite@patrick.garies.name>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 21:06:47 -0500
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
On 7/5/2011 7:33 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 7/4/11 11:29 PM, Patrick Garies wrote:
>> I agree that DTD-valid attributes should be used in this test.
>
> Why does it matter?

Consistency. If the CSS WG is going to create an HTML 4.01-specific set
of tests, then they may as well be HTML 4.01-compliant. I don't see the
value in mandating that tests be written in a specific document language
and then suspending the implicit requirement that the documents be
correctly written.

You also have the benefits of not having to waste time dealing with
challenges to a test simply on the basis of spec compliance or
misinterpretations of results on the same basis (as with Gerard?).